The following error could appear immediately following an application launch, or during the application installation process. The RVM was unable to connect to the server hosting the OpenFin Runtime.
- The 'Assets URL' is invalid
- The server hosting the Runtime is unavailable
- The network path to the server hosting the Runtime is not open
- Copy the full assets URL from the error and paste into a Web Browser, this should initiate a file download. If the file download works compare the Browsers network configuration with the local systems default settings.
- If the download fails in the step above:
- Check with the local network team that the network path to the URL is open
- If the URL is https://cdn.openfin.co/runtime contact email@example.com to verify the server is operational
- If the URL is not:https://cdn.openfin.co/runtime check with the application provider that the URL is correct, and the server is operational
- Check the network.log file, located in %LocalAppData%\openfin\logs for errors that have been returned by the network stack. You should be able to find the request for the runtime:
[1234:12345] INFO- Get request for url: "https://cdn.openfin.co/release/runtime/188.8.131.52"
- Validate the logged in user has permission to access the Assets URL, and is able to download and extract .ZIP files