Tools to measure the performance of an application.
Tools Listed below can be used to measure the performance of an application:
- OpenFin Performance Monitor - The application displays statistics about different applications running in OpenFin, including CPU and memory. It also displays all OpenFin windows running on the desktop. You can launch the chrome debugger for any app/window as well as rescue a window that's off screen. You can obtain this application by the installer found here or by running the following fins link in a browser: fins://cdn.openfin.co/process-manager/app.json
- Diagnostics Mode - The OpenFin 'Diagnostic Mode' activates Verbose Logging and Crash Reporting. Diagnostic Mode is not activated by default to increase application performance and save local disk space however is certain circumstances it may be necessary to enable Diagnostic Mode logging to capture more information.
- system.getProcessList - This API allows you to retrieve information in regards to memory consumption. An example of the usage can be found here.
- Windows Performance Monitor
- Visual Studio Memory Profiling
- Chrome Memory Profiler