When using OpenFin, proxy negotiation is handled by the Chromium code, which by default will use the systems default settings.
The following Chromium article provides useful information about chromium proxy handling works, with additional information about debugging, and configuration: https://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/network-stack/debugging-net-proxy
Configuring The Runtime Proxy Settings
- Open the Windows Registry Editor by running 'regedit'
- From the window search bar, type 'regedit'
- Select 'Registry Editor' from the search results
- Allow the registry editor to make changes to the local system by clicking 'Yes'
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenFin\RVM (Create any missing keys, see below)
- For example, if 'openfin' is not listed under 'Software':
- Right-click on 'Software'
- Select 'New' -> 'Key'
- Type the name of the new key (Example 'openfin')
- Repeat fr the remaining missing keys
- Right Click on the 'RVM' key
- Select 'New' -> 'Sting Value'
- Name the new entry 'runtimeArgs' (Case sensitive)
- Right Click on the 'runtimeArgs' entry -> 'Modify'
- In the 'Value Data' box, add '--proxy-server=<url provided by your team>
- Click OK