When an application is launched on OpeFin, the Runtime Version Manager (RVM) will check if the Runtime version specified in the Application Configuration file is available on the local system. If the required runtime is not available the RVM will download the runtime from the assets server.
It is possible to manually download the Runtime from the OpenFin servers and install onto a local machine. If the RVM will not attempt to download a runtime if the correct Runtime is installed on the local system, regardless of the deployment method.
If the exact runtime specified in an application configuration is not available on the local system then the RVM will attempt to download the required runtime. It will ignore older and newer versions installed on the local system.
Downloading the Runtime Manually
- Verify the Runtime version required by the application by either confirming with the application developer or querying the Application Configuration file.
- Verify the O/S of the local system (for windows check if a 32-bit or 64-bit version is running)
- Verify what the Runtime Directory is on the local system (Default: %localappdata%\openfin\runtime)
- Download the correct version and build from the OpenFin runtime Versions Page
- Add a Zip extension to the downloaded file
- In the Runtime Folder, Create a folder with the same name as the Runtime (for example, if the runtime version is 220.127.116.11 create: %localappdata%\openfin\runtime\18.104.22.168
- extract\copy the 'openfin' folder (including the folder) into the version folder created in step (6)
After following the above steps, for installations using the default runtime directory, you should end up with the following folder structure: %localappdata%\openfin\runtime\22.214.171.124\openfin .