The OpenFin .NET Adapter enables .NET applications to interact with Web Applications running on the OpenFin platform and to embed Web Applications windows in a .NET application using the OpenFin platform.
Please note you must have an Enterprise Licence to integrate the .NET Adapter within a .NET application.
.NET Adapter demo (with code): https://github.com/openfin/dotnet-demo
.NET Adapter tutorials: https://github.com/openfin/.NET-Tutorials
Integrating the Latest OpenFin .NET Adapter into a project
The .NET Adapter is hosted on Nuget. To integrate the .NET Adapter into a Visual Studio project follow these steps:
- Open: Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Package Manager Settings
- Under the 'NuGet Package Manager' option, select 'Package Sources'
- Add a New Package Source
- Enter a name for the source (eg "OpenFin NuGet"), the OpenFin package source URL is: http://tools.openfin.co/dotnet/nuget
- Click 'Update'
- Open: Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Manage NuGet Packages for Solution
- Select the Browse tab, then search for "OpenfinDesktop"
- Select the OpenFinDesktop package, then select your project from the project list on the right-hand pane.
- Click 'Install'
Integrating Alpha/Beta/Legacy .NET Adapter versions within a project
You can access our .NET Beta builds by adding a custom package source in Visual Studio, as follows:
- From your project, Open: Tools > NuGet Package Manager > Manage NuGet Packages for Solution
- Select the Browse tab
- Check the "Include prerelease" option
Now, when adding the NuGet package to the project you should be able to select a specific version of the .NET adapter.
.NET Adapter Tutorials
We have created a set of OpenFin .NET Adapter Tutorials to help you get started, they are available at: https://github.com/openfin/.NET-Tutorials