Message Source Source: Modal
Only instance of an application UUID can be running on a local system at any time. A Modal error containing the text 'Application with specified UUID already exists:' can be generated when an application is launched where another application using the same UUID is already running.
The UUID is controlled by the application developer and is configured in the application configuration file.
- The application attempting to launch is already running
- The application attempting to launch has specified the same UUID as an application already running on the local system
Are you trying to "launch" the same application with new params (i.e. implement Deep Linking)? See Deep Linking. If the app is already running the 'run-requested' Application event will allow you to bypass the duplicate UUID message and process args in the running app.
- Verify the Application is not already running.
1. Close the Running Application
Open the task manager and close any running instances of the application.
2. Close all OpenFin processes
To ensure an instance of the application, or an application using the same UUID, is not running open the 'processes' tab in the task manager and close all openFinRVM.exe and openfin.exe processes,