After launching the application, or following the installation of an application, it is possible for the application to fail to load without errors.
- AV software blocking the launch
- Application Error on launch
- Validate that the OpenFin processes, 'openfin.exe, and 'openfinRVM.exe', are whitelisted with any security software running on the local system
- Check the windows task manager to see if there are any OpenFin processes remaining from a previous launch. The details tab provides information on the processes running (selecting the extra column "command line" will be useful to investigate if any OpenFin processes are left running from a previous launch).
Windows Task Manager
- Check the verbose.log file located in %LocalAppData%\openfin\logs and validate the RVM launched the Runtime:
[1234:12345] INFO- Launching the runtime:
[2960:12345] INFO- Monitoring process handle: 000006B8
- Check the runtime debug.log located in %LocalAppData%\openfin\cache\<security realm>\<runtime version>\ for any errors. Any logs warning or errors can be cross-referenced with the information in the article HERE
- Check the local system event viewer for system or security errors. A useful resource for checking the local system event viewer can be found here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-event-viewer-windows-10
If this article has not helped you resolve your issue process, please report create a ticket HERE or email us at email@example.com